Friday, September 14, 2012

Don't Panic: The UKBA's Eventual Win

I got an E-mail this morning informing me that my visa has been issued, and that my passport will arrive via UPS early next week. As I mentioned previously, I'm not going to re-book my ticket to Aberdeen until I'm physically holding the passport, but this is pretty good news because it means that I'll be able to get to Aberdeen late, but in time for the first day of courses in about a week and a half.

I've stalled on packing, which means that I need to spend the next three days packing both my bags and my apartment. I've picked up four more Action Packers - two medium, two small - because I was worried about running out of room when packing up my apartment. Hopefully, I have enough now; if not, I can still run out and get a few more.

At this point, given the delay, I think Gus is going to come a few weeks into the term. I'll likely take my two carry-on bags, my Arc'Teryx Echo Pack, and one seabag, with Gus following with a second seabag to carry stuff that I won't need immediately upon arrival. I'll probably spend the first part of tomorrow packing those bags, which should make it a bit easier to finish packing up my apartment.

As much as I would have loved to have been in Scotland by now, I think I'll wind up being thankful for the additional time to get things sorted out back here in the States. And now, for more stalling.

No comments:

Post a Comment