Thursday, September 27, 2012

Quick Update

Okay, I've been in Aberdeen for just shy of a week at this point. Everything hasn't gone according to plan, but I've done alright, and I'm ironing out the other little wrinkles as I go. Shortly, I hope to get my computer sorted out so that I can log into the Internet in my room. Once that's sorted out (and it's been a long and arduous process thus far), I'll really be in business. At that point, I'll start updating the blog in greater detail. I already have a few pictures to post, and some stories to tell.

The bottom line is that in spite of all of the hiccoughs so far, it's fantastic to be back in Scotland - eight years to the day since I last left the United Kingdom, as fate (and the delays of the UK Border Agency) would have it. I think I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the program into which I've enrolled. As my dad and I both noted when we spoke briefly on the phone yesterday, "This is it" - this is what I've been working toward for two and a half years, and it's finally happening, and that's a really bizarre sensation.

Alright, I need to try to get my computer sorted out, get a payment made on my tuition, and then get to class. Cheers, mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment