Friday, March 8, 2013

Horseburgers! (Revisited)

I'm attempting to have some fun by experimenting with some media utilities with this post. We'll see how it goes.

A few weeks ago, I wrote about horseburgers! The scandal continues. I haven't really kept up with the whole thing, because there are new developments every day (which is to say, it gets worse and worse and worse every day), but I know that it seems to get worse, and worse, and worse, every day. I posted that poster from one of the local Tesco supermarkets with the original post, and CN Sister, CN Warden, and I saw a new one after we'd been out at the pub on Tuesday night. That's it there on the right. On the plus side, it's generated a lot of comedy. For example, I've been a fan of the Prime Minister's Questions in the British House of Commons for several years, and I try to listen to them weekly. On February 13th, the House of Commons had a few great questions from opposition MPs that exploited the horsemeat (horse meat?) scandal for comedic purposes. Here are the highlights...



... and you can listen to the whole thing below, if the player works the way it's supposed to. (If not, here's the mp3.)

Play
Either inexplicably, or quite explicably, the mobile phone company 3 debuted one of the best advertisements I've seen in quite a while on or around the 28th of February. If I weren't already on Vodafone because of its coverage in Orkney, I'd be tempted to go with 3 because of this advert alone. (On the other hand, CN Warden informs me that 3's network lags behind all of the others, so there's that.)


Of course, the collective trolling power of the Internet couldn't leave this video alone, and... Well, watch for yourselves:


For the unaware, that joke at the end, "#minceponymince", refers to mince, and is a play on the #danceponydance hashtag from the first video; and Findus (who apparently don't understand how HTML center tags work) is apparently one of the big frozen and processed food companies in the UK and throughout Europe.

In fifteen or twenty years, I'm not going to remember what the 2010 Nuclear Posture Review that I read for SND said, but I'll absolutely remember the video of a Shetland pony dancing to Fleetwood Mac's Everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment