Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Songs That Remind You 7

It's time for another couple of songs that will remind me of my time in Scotland. Although I heard it least once when I was in Shetland, I'm reasonably sure that the first time I heard DNA by girl group Little Mix when I was in Aberdeen.


It's not normally my kind of music, but in all honesty, a lot of these selections in Songs That Remind You are from genres I don't usually listen to. The second is a song that I probably heard before I left the States, but from now on I'll remember hearing it in the Boots location in Union Square. It's 50 Ways to Say Goodbye by Train.


I get the impression that Train frontman Pat Monahan is kind of a tool - after all, who in their right mind would write a laudatory song about San Francisco? - but the tune is catchy, the video is funny, it features David Hasselhoff (whom I hear Germans love, though CN Herr and CN Fraulein contest that stereotype), and we've all been in a position where we needed to explain away a break-up in a fashion that bypassed the actual situation. Also, I really liked Calling All Angels and Hey Soul Sister, and Drops of Jupiter always reminds me of this girl I dated when I was nineteen, so the band's got some cred with me.

The next two STRY posts will both be special editions! Holy smokes!

No comments:

Post a Comment