Thursday, June 27, 2013

Travel Destinations: Continental Europe

When I was in the Middle East, one of the ways I stayed sane was to plan for where I would travel once I got to Scotland. I had originally planned to revisit a bunch of the places where I'd gone before as part of my What's Your Grid? mission. Most of the urgency of that mission ended when I figured out how to use Wikimapia and/or Google Maps to get the grid coordinates of the various places I've been in the past. I've also scaled back some of my travel goals because I'm starting to develop some alternate goals for my finances.

I've decided to prioritize a few spots in northwestern Europe. When I was planning my European excursions a couple of years ago, the agenda included Poland, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, Romania, and Switzerland. Switzerland might make it back onto the list, but for this particular trip, I think the rest have been conclusively ruled out (except for Romania, if CN Vlad follows through on an invite from earlier this semester). So, where am I headed if all goes according to plan?

First, I'd like to revisit Paris and see some long-time family friends whom I haven't seen since I visited back in 2004. I'd also like to spend a few days in neighboring Germany - possibly Düsseldorf, where I have some distant family members, but certainly Berlin. I've also been interested in Denmark for a few years now, and I'd like to go see Copenhagen. Aside from that, there are a few spots I'd like to visit, or revisit, in Great Britain and Ireland... But that last bit was covered last year.

Oh, yeah, and I want to revisit a certain island paradise. At least once. Maybe twice. But that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment