Friday, August 16, 2013

Around Aberdeen: A Beautiful Sunset

To quote narrator of the classic Offpsring album, Smash: "You know, it seems harder and harder to just sit back and enjoy the finer things in life." A few weeks ago, I posted a picture of a rainbow over King Street, just because it was pretty. Today, I'm doing something similar. On the final evening of July, when I got back from the Gurkha Highlanders' Picnic, I happened to look out my bedroom window and see a spectacular sunset. I don't think this picture really captured how deep the reds and oranges of the sunset were, but I'm posting it anyway. True to Gurkha Highlander form, GBU-16 also posted about it on Facebook.
The sky looked amazing tonight. Rosso di sera. Make a wish, tomorrow is going to be a good day :)
Sometimes, it's nice to just stop and enjoy some of the simpler pleasures in life. (I hope everyone will keep that in mind over the next couple of weeks when I, a heroic security professional, post numerous pictures of flowers in conjunction with my series on Aberdeen's public gardens.) I hope this blog generally, and this sunset picture specifically, help to fill that gap for some of you folks out there. To quote that Offspring album again: "Well, until next time... Ta ta."

1 comment:

  1. The following day was rainy and grim, I remember thinking "Oh well, I spoke too soon".
    But ultimately, I will cherish the memories of the last day of July 2013 for a long, long time to come. And remember the pink and orange clouds there were that evening, too.
    M + O

    ReplyDelete