Monday, October 21, 2013

Island Paradise: An Orcadian Sunset

Last week, I was on the phone with an associate as part of my research into Orcadians who served in the Gordon Highlanders in the First World War. I saw bits of the sunset through the three panes of glass between myself and the western horizon, and as the call was ending, my associate noted the sunset. When we got off the phone, I walked out of the phone booth I'd (erroneously) taken refuge from the outdoor noise in, and got a good look at the sunset. I wish the pictures I took could even come close to approximating the beauty of that sunset, but they don't. Even so, they'll have to do. I snapped a few pictures, and then went to Helgi's for a couple of drinks.

The place really is an island paradise, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment