Friday, March 21, 2014

The Royal Cyphers: G VI R in Bermuda

Readers may remember my July adventures with Navigator on the Aberdeenshire Circuit. Navigator returned to the States a few days after that outing, though we keep in sporadic touch via Facebook.

Navigator recently posted a bunch of pictures from her recent trip to Bermuda, and she shared this exciting picture with me. Readers may also remember my discussion of the G VI R cypher. Bermuda, a British Overseas Territory, apparently hosts post boxes (in various states of maintenance, as evidenced by the fatigued paint on this example); this example bearing the cypher of King George VI dates back to at least 1952. When Navigator sent it via Facebook, I was immediately chuffed, and thanked her profusely. Now, I share it with you, the valued blog audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment