Monday, June 30, 2014

The Songs That Remind You: Instructors Special Edition

I've been negligent in posting two songs that will remind me of my time in Aberdeen. The first may seem like a bit of a cliche, but my memory of seeing Skyfall with my coursemates and E is a fond one, so Adele's title track will always remind me of E, that course, and that Autumn.


Then, in mid-2013, CN GBU-16 introduced me to a lovely track released by The Killers in October of 2012 - about a month after we'd started our course - entitled Miss Atomic Bomb. Who could such a song title remind me of but Critical Mass, my acclaimed Strategic Nuclear Doctrine instructor?


I don't actually have a song that reminds me of The Director, but if I had to choose one, it would be Vera Lynn's We'll Meet Again - both for its lyrics, and for its connection to one of the finest films on strategy ever made...

No comments:

Post a Comment