Saturday, July 5, 2014

Recent Reminders of Scotland

Over the last few days, I've had a couple of good reminders of my time in Scotland.

First, I've been to IKEA about four times in the last month, which has reminded me of a couple of videos that IKEA UK released last summer. They're reminiscent of Burger King's classic "Creepy King" advertising campaign that ran from 2003 to 2011. Behold, "One Room Paradise" and "My Pad: Take the Tour".



Second was an article from The Guardian that Joanne sent me: Scotland to petition US to bring back haggis. I responded to Joanne with the following points:
1) Haggis = awesome. Imported haggis that's been sitting on a ship for two weeks = not awesome.

2) One of the lasses at my favorite pub in Orkney, aside from being easy on the eyes with a lovely Inverness accent, clued me into the fact that the pub occasionally made a haggis lasagna. AMAZING.

3) We should make repeal of the ban contingent upon Scotland remaining part of the United Kingdom. :)
Now I miss haggis. I wonder what it would take to get my hands on a sheep...

No comments:

Post a Comment